Monday, September 24, 2012

Stripetember: Color Edition, And An Exciting Announcement!

Moving away from the B&W posts for a bit, I'd like to present COLOR! Yay! Shiny happy rainbowy gooey globs of colored stripey goodness ahoy:
Rainbow Dress-Made by me
Black blazer-Goodwill
Fishnets-Wal-Mart
Black satin heels-Recycle Boutique
I love this dress, but it is a bit bright, even for me! I also made it a couple years ago when I was not as accomplished a seamstress, so it's a little wonky in the bodice/sleeves. Solution? A simple black blazer on top of it! 

And now for today's outfit:
Black peasant blouse-Family Dollar
Black and purple stripe corset-Punk69
Black lace skirt-Goodwill
Black and purple stripe tights-TJ Maxx
Black wedges-Wal-Mart
At first I was worried that the horizontal and vertical purple stripes together might be Too Much Of A Good Thing, but I think there's enough solid black to break them up and let them compliment each other instead of clashing. Plus, IMO, you can never have too much black and purple!
And now, an exciting announcement: Back at the beginning of the month, I said I hoped to have a participation day where everyone would wear their finest stripes around the 20th. Well, the 20th came and went and I didn't have a chance to do it, so I thought: Why not the 26th? Two thirteens are twice as lucky after all! So here's the deal: On September 26th, I will post early in the morning, and I will leave comments open all day for people to link to their posts. At the end of the day, I'll collect everyone's posts and make a big post for all the blogs that participate! It will be very similar to (aka, I stole the idea from) the lovely SophistiqueNoir's Monthly Theme Days, something I have participated in in the past. I can't wait to see all your stripes in a couple day's time! Here's the image for your blog; if you do it, please use the image and link back to me. I can't wait! 



5 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous corset dear and you pull it off wonderfully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple stripe combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea, Jamie, I hope to see more of your theme days!^^ My post is up: http://milkingtherollingcow.blogspot.hu/2012/09/stripetember.html

    I like both of the outfits, but the rainbow dress is just adorable! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my entry: http://lesthi.blogg.se/2012/september/finest-stripes.html

    :D

    ReplyDelete